[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on BHO

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Sun Jul 20 14:35:47 PDT 2008

On Jul 20, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> Social conditions change, and various drugs become more or less
> acceptable.

A change in the law rather than a changed social condition. Or maybe the law becomes the social condition ? Doesn't seem to be much change in social use of drugs, and I would have considered use to be the 'social condition'.

I think that you used the example of civil rights, and the play of idea and activism that generated a change in the law. I simply asked if you could provide an example of how your progression would apply to other recent changes in social conditions i.e. - war on drugs.

martin