[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed on BHO

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Mon Jul 21 11:38:04 PDT 2008

martin wrote:

> I think that you used the example of civil rights, and the play of
> idea and activism that generated a change in the law. I simply asked
> if you could provide an example of how your progression would apply to
> other recent changes in social conditions i.e. - war on drugs.
>
> martin
I like Carrol's recent response on this thread--did that float your boat? In short, if people in favor of drug legalization were as politically coordinated and adept as those in the civil rights movement fifty years ago, we would see significant changes in the drug laws and then eventually see changes in attitudes about drug use in the general population.

Miles