[lbo-talk] teaching the pampered rich at Harvard

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 22 16:58:00 PDT 2008

Joseph Catron wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 6:55 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> Your experience sounds like it is very limited if this is your opinion of
>> State University students.
>>

> Everyone's experience is very limited when applied to a broad, diverse
> demographic of millions. But how do your impressions differ from
> mine?

For starters State University students and Community College students have never made we wish for an explosive laden vest.

My only elite college experience is at Harvard but I have heard from reliable persons that my impressions were typical of other similar institutions.

The sense of entitlement at such schools is almost unbelievable unless you've spent much time with these fucks. Their attitude is, as someone pointed out, that the Professors and instructors are mere servants. People whose job it is is to validate the students preconceived ideas about themselves as elites. I've never experienced that from any of the students at any of the State Universities I've had the pleasure of associating with. You have to be taught such ideas from early childhood and State University students seldom, if ever, receiving such developmental training.

John Thornton