[lbo-talk] teaching the pampered rich at Harvard

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:42:59 PDT 2008

Michael Smith wrote:

> Very true. But neither group has any deference left

> toward educational "authority" -- and a good thing, too.

Come on with this lowly hired help stuff, the hired help don't ever have the power to make a couple marks with a pen and bounce your ass all the way out of college. That's probably the only time in their lives they have to look upward at their economic inferiors. With the possible exception of when little Richie is flat on his back in a hospital bed and in walks a frowning nurse's aide with a bedpan. But alas that happens to far too few little Richies, and lasts at best, maybe a week, whereas every last one of those trash go to hi-class colleges and are subject to professorial discipline for at least forty-four months.

I suppose a prick like Duh-Byuh with his vast family influence could even have overridden a pissed-off professor's "F" - come to think of it, total prick as he always was, it's fifty-fifty that he did - but I guess most elite students, and I'm sure all working-class students, do not.

yrs WDK