[lbo-talk] Technical point

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jul 24 07:12:15 PDT 2008

Tahir writes:

> I notice that my messages there, and some other peoples' too,
> have their paragraphs stretched into one long line.

I haven't noticed that from your messages, but I've noticed that some people who reply to you do that ...

Here's our position: mailing lists are a text medium, and thus work best when plain text messages are posted to them. Some long-time list members insist on sending other-than-plain-text messages, and the archiver that is built into Mailman (the list software we use) does the best it can.

> Is there anything to be done about it?

All we can do is ask people to use plain text, we can't bend them to our will.

Personally, I don't understnd the idea of using the archives as the principal means of following this list (as a reference point, it's great; as a mail reader, it's lousy). But: whatever floats your boat.

/jordan