[lbo-talk] dustup revisited

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Jul 25 15:33:23 PDT 2008

``Because until a week ago he was co-chair of McCain's campaign...'' Dennis Claxton

-------

Yes, and a very long list of other reasons. The biggest reason is you want to eliminate Gramm from ever holding public office again. He is very likely to be on the top ten possible Dept of Treasury secetary's list, if McCain get elected.

Also, there is the prosecutorial point of view. He is the pick of the litter on any list for criminal conduct investigations. And he is a very big fish.

The Mother Jones article writer said something to the effect, Gramm probably didn't intend to be among the chief perpetraitors of the US financial melt down. No he didn't intend to loose money, he intended to make money on these swindles. Of course a criminal doesn't intend to get caught, he intends to get away with it...

And then too Gramm is one of those morality drumming, anti-abortion, Christian, far rightwing, Texas machine assholes, even worse than Delay, just better at it.

Of course he couldn't do it alone and it is a collective affair. But you gotta start somewhere and I would bet plenty, there are rich pickings to be had with Phil. If I can spot highly suspicious coincidences after one wike click and a Mother Jones article, there's got to be something there, something really good.

CG