[lbo-talk] Dustup - final installment

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 08:42:33 PDT 2008

I wrote:

> The fact that people in the left try to rationalize it
> and present it as some sort of sophisticated theory
> of social life makes things even worse. In its
> politically consequences, it is suicidal.

Actually, I should have said that such a view is antithetical with being on the left. Any suitable definition of the left (as a political force, however organized or fragmented it may be at a given time) must include the premise that we, as individuals, can consciously change our social conditions. Political action is precisely the mediation.