[lbo-talk] pr0n, lesbiangay, trans -- all the same mode of male domination. no really. nope. not kiddin'.

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Jul 29 16:47:11 PDT 2008

At 07:31 PM 7/29/2008, Chris Sturr wrote:
>My impression is that among academic feminists/feminist theorists,

true. true. when you're ensconced in the warm embrace of academia, it seems like the battle was won. But, as a lot of people have pointed out, while in academia the radical/cultural feminists largely were shunted aside, they had already moved off campus and found their greatest success at the grassroots level.

It has been forever and then some amazing to me to work in ordinary progressive groups, to mostly encounter folks of the radical/cultural persuasion. well, i should say had been. encountering it in even more volatile form online, where the 'activism' is ramped up a notch b/c of the excessive focus on discoursin', i started reading.

i was aghast. and what's worse, outside academia, among this contingent, there isn't even any "there, there" gay men are our friends tolerance. In fact, there is outright hostility for this strand of thought sees gay men as the apotheosis of male domination! Yeah. I know. Me too.

I wrote about it a lot, my reading to understand this, on my old blog, under http://blog.pulpculture.org/category/no-more-bitch/ (most of the entries after the one entitled lesbiangay -- which is there derogatory term for lesbian and gay studies, which they think is Teh Ev0l. No seriously. Me neither. I had no clue! Reading that book had my jaw in a permanent state of scraping the floor.