[lbo-talk] ironies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 31 07:35:08 PDT 2008

[from Mike Allen]

DRIVING THE DAY: NYT'S Jim Rutenberg on the McCain team's strategy to define Obama as 'arrogant, out of touch, and unprepared for the presidency.' 'I would say that it is beyond dispute that he has become the biggest celebrity in the world,' Mr. Schmidt said in a conference call with reporters on Wednesday. 'The question that we are posing to the American people is this: 'Is he ready to lead yet?' And the answer to the question that we will offer to the American people is: 'No he is not.' '

A LITTLE BIRD ASKS: 'Don't quote me here...but how has no one pointed out the irony of [McCain's Steve] Schmidt attacking a 'celebrity' candidate when his claim to fame is getting the Terminator reelected?' Schwing.