[lbo-talk] Furman: we'd cut the corporate tax rate, maybe

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jul 31 07:41:04 PDT 2008

<http://www.forbes.com/home/2008/07/30/obama-furman-taxes-biz-beltway-cx_bw_0731furman.html

Politics Obama's Taxing Policies Brian Wingfield, 07.31.08, 6:00 AM ET

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Here are two things you don't often hear mentioned in the same sentence: Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and a lower corporate tax rate. But it appears the Illinois senator is at least considering such a measure.

"He would like to cut the corporate tax rate, and it's a question that we're studying," Jason Furman, Obama's director of economic policy, told Forbes.com in an interview this week.