[lbo-talk] Bo Diddley, RIP

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 3 14:14:59 PDT 2008

At 01:49 PM 6/3/2008, Jenny Brown wrote:

> >"Man, maybe that was 'Sixteen Tons' on those cards, but all I saw was
>'Bo Diddley,' " Diddley later told The New York Times.

I saw one of those rock and roll festival movies when I was a kid and they had a dressing room interview with Bo Diddley. He was talking about the old days when he'd arrive for a show and management would tell him he had to come in through the back door. I vividly remember him saying "Fuck the back door." It was one of those scales falling from your eyes moments for me. A secondary effect is I have been able to say "fuck" with authority ever since.