[lbo-talk] Marx on the transience of crises

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 5 05:38:21 PDT 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 7:40 AM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> My translation would be:
>
> "However the present crisis might develop - a detailed
> observation of it is admittedly of paramount
> importance for the investigator of capitalist
> production and the professional theoretician - it
> will, likes its predecessors, blow over and usher in a
> new "industrial cycle" with all of its various phases
> of prosperity, etc."

Sorry that I can't answer your question, but that's an interesting passage to read in light of all the heavy breathing around the recent U.S. financial crisis. Which isn't over yet, nor is the recession that it's caused, but its crisis-ness looks to be receding. Patrick Bond, how do you respond, aside from quoting Mike Whitney?

Doug