[lbo-talk] in which I'm accused of repressing the reptilian brain

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 23:44:39 PDT 2008

I kind of get the feeling that I am intruding on a misdirected personal email, but Latin was not a dead language in the Middle Ages, and probably the main nations responsible for the "rediscovery of antiquity" were the Italians (the Renassiance) and Germans (via Martin Luther's emphasis on the Bible and, hence, Greek and Hebrew), neither of which were involved in colonialism or imperialism.

--- Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> quoted CB:

> suspect that the
> > intellectuals interested in enshrining dead
> language were serving the
> > classes who wanted to bring back Greek and Roman
> imperialist ideals to
> > graft them onto the new capitalist mode to
> rationalize the new
> > colonialism and slavery.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.