[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 15:41:05 PDT 2008

John Thornton wrote:

So for what good reason do you consider a citation by Air Force Magazine or P.O.W more credible than the sources in North Vietnam, Spain, Cuba, or the Soviet Union that contradict them? Does nationalism count as a good reason?

But see, that's why I wrote: "...if I was inclined to argue about McCain's imprisonment, the first thing I'd do is check out the sources" which means *all* available sources, not just the ones included in that single Wiki entry I cited as an example of GOOG results. So all the information you cited would be included too.

Also, the key point was that I'd do that *before* arguing one position or the other (hell, maybe *instead of*, since the various tales told might lead to a big old mountain of vague).

Nationalism? Seriously? You actually tossed that in there why?

.d.