[lbo-talk] Who knew? John McCain on disability, gets checks

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 15 16:57:15 PDT 2008

Dwayne Monroe wrote:
> John Thornton wrote:
>
> So for what good reason do you consider a citation by Air Force
> Magazine or P.O.W more credible than the sources in North Vietnam,
> Spain, Cuba, or the Soviet Union that contradict them? Does
> nationalism count as a good reason?

> But see, that's why I wrote: "...if I was inclined to argue about
> McCain's imprisonment, the first thing I'd do is check out the
> sources" which means *all* available sources, not just the ones
> included in that single Wiki entry I cited as an example of GOOG
> results. So all the information you cited would be included too.
>
> Also, the key point was that I'd do that *before* arguing one position
> or the other (hell, maybe *instead of*, since the various tales told
> might lead to a big old mountain of vague).
>

> Nationalism? Seriously? You actually tossed that in there why?
>
> .d.

Because I didn't for one moment truly imagine you really gave greater credibility to Air Force Magazine over the writings of a Spanish Psychologists and wished to demonstrate the absurdity of that position to anyone else who imagines that McCain's disability is proved to be the result of torture. This cannot be known with any certainty in spite of what some have posted.

John Thornton