[lbo-talk] Probably the stupidest investment question posted here ever

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 19:28:22 PDT 2008

Others here I'm sure can answer better than I, but you want an index fund that isn't actively traded. The fees associated with that -- active trading -- that will eat up your return over the long term. I vaguely recall reading that the Russell 2000 is too broad, and stocks dropping in and out of that can eat into your return, so it looks like among your choices that the other index fund, the 400 Midcap Stock Index, is your best bet. Again, I'm sure others here might have better advise (perhaps talking to your fund manager to get a better index fund included in your plan?).