[lbo-talk] [Marxism] Adjunct Professors: Low Pay and Hard Going

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 09:14:46 PDT 2008

I am an adjunct teacher - it sucks! Not only have I become the "go to guy" (not my term), and the resident freak (the only Marxist/post-positivist), I have NEVER in my adult life, been in worst debt. For instance, this and next month I will be scrambling to raise money for RENT!

If this continues for another six months, I will walk away from teaching and find a job - ANYWHERE, ANYTHING!!!

Watch this space!!!

NY Times, May 7, 2000 Adjunct Professors: Low Pay and Hard Going By ROBBIE WOLIVER

THEY travel from place to place for work. They never know if they'll be wanted by those same places the following season. They rarely have health plans and their employment status is ceaselessly insecure. This summer, some might not have any work at all.

Migrant farm workers? No, adjunct college professors.

________________________________________________ YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message. Send list submissions to: Marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu Set your options at: http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/ilagardien%40yahoo.com

__________________________________________________________ Sent from Yahoo! Mail. A Smarter Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html