[lbo-talk] Pat Buchanan: UK to blame for Holocaust

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 16:04:11 PDT 2008

I give Buchanan credit for continuing to argue that military imperialism -- Britain's in this case -- is a losing proposition.

Other than that, all of his points are Kissingerian arguments from personality and real-politik -- Hitler thought this, wanted that, was willing to trade X, etc.

Paul Hehn's book, A Low Dishonest Decade, gives a much more useful picture of the economic entanglements and realities on both sides that made war inevitable.

BW