[lbo-talk] Pat Buchanan: UK to blame for Holocaust

Voyou voyou1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:17:13 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 15:15 -0400, Doug Henwood quoted Pat Buchanan:
> We had to stop Prussian militarism in 1914, says Hitchens. "The
> Kaiser's policy shows that Germany was looking for a chance for war
> all over the globe."

Wow, just when you thought Hitchens couldn't get any worse. I wonder what imperialist war he'll start defending next; the Boer war? Or perhaps he'll discover the progressive, modernizing core of the Opium Wars.

Hitchens's article also contains this hilarious line:

"The kaiser visited Damascus and paid for the rebuilding of the tomb of Saladin, announced himself a sympathizer of Islam and a friend of jihad..." http://www.newsweek.com/id/141501

Wilhelm II, the bin Laden of 1914!

-- Voyou Désœuvré http://blog.voyou.org/