[lbo-talk] exposeobama.com

Mr. X from_alamut at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 14:24:57 PDT 2008

The question of Obama's being muslim or not muslim is really something one cannot debate with conservatives. Reagrdless those who consider this to be an issue whould not vote for him either way. I do believe he was a muslim as a kid but converted to Christianity later. One does not have a choice many times of one's "official" religion as a child. Anyways, I always thought that the constitution says there are no religious test. This should not even be a topic of debate.

  peace,   Jim Davis Ozark Bioregion, USA

  New Edition of my book on the Ismaili Muslim faith:   http://www.amazon.com/Shia-Imami-Ismaili-Muslims-Introduction/dp/1430315628/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211497432&sr=8-1

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:36:15 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] exposeobama.com

On Jun 20, 2008, at 7:14 PM, shag wrote:

> Over at the FoRK list (geared toward tech/geeks), where a lot of
> debates
> over religion take place, one of the subscribers inclined toward
> atheism
> iirc forwarded some conservative claptrap about obama, his
> background, etc.
> it's from human events. man, these folks are obsessed!
>
> Subject: Was Barack Obama A Muslim? From:
> HumanEvents at HumanEventsOnline.com

No kidding. I get those Human Events emails (which is how I keep up  with Pat Buchanan and Ann Coulter). I forward some of the loopier  ones. I didn't forward that one because I didn't want to participate  in the "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing, even by making fun of it.  It's almost too ugly and stupid to laugh at, even.