[lbo-talk] exposeobama.com

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Jun 21 14:56:11 PDT 2008

>No kidding. I get those Human Events emails (which is how I keep up
>with Pat Buchanan and Ann Coulter). I forward some of the loopier
>ones. I didn't forward that one because I didn't want to participate
>in the "Obama is a secret Muslim" thing, even by making fun of it.
>It's almost too ugly and stupid to laugh at, even.
>
>Doug

well, what i found interesting about the obsession, wasn't that he was muslim. they aren't, officially, on his case about that, but about supposedly lying about it. which makes sense. if the base looking for red meat is christian, and the conversion kind to boot, then they should be happy obama converted. that's the point! to get the heathens to convert! this would piss off a lot of people, were they attacking him for _once_ being muslim. i mean all those people going to africa on missions! what would mocking his former religion do for them but make them look like hypocrits. hence, the point is to attack him for lying.

the other message is delivered to fence sitters who, not pleased with the attack on his religion, will nonetheless go for the "values" thing -- to remind them of the lying clinton, etc.