[lbo-talk] mac xp bsd help

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:24:28 PDT 2008

Re: WinXP...

There are too many sites to count. Advanced users and techs often use GOOG to search for a specific problem (for example, using an Event Viewer error code as the criteria) and go with what works best.

For an overall guide however (short of one of the big SAMS books or a similar text), there's little that's better than MSFT's own site:

Windows XP HowTo Resources:

<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/solutionaccelerators/howto/winxphow.mspx>

If you prefer a book, I suggest Alan Simpson's Windows XP Bible:

<http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Simpsons-Windows-XP-Bible/dp/0764578154/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214086829&sr=1-1>

Re: OSX and Safari...

Safari is indeed the native browser for OSX. There are many possible causes for the trouble it's giving you. I suggest spending time with the following:

Apple Knowledge base:

<http://search.info.apple.com/>

Safari Forum:

<http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=169>

If you prefer a book, I suggest Mac OS X Leopard: The Missing Manual:

<http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Leopard-Missing-Manual/dp/059652952X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214086893&sr=1-1>

Assuming, of course, that your new Mac is running Leopard. If not, there are similar books for whichever flavor your box has.

.d.

-- "Leave it to the French to [insert something racy here]."

Alex Pareene

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/