[lbo-talk] Michael Jackson has "strong feminist views on porn"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jun 24 06:21:40 PDT 2008

[from a profile of the Ronson family, now most famous for providing Lindsay Lohan with (adorable) girlfriend Sam]

<http://gawker.com/tag/celebrity/?i=396849&t=a-guide-to-the-weird- ronson-family>

Mark, 32, a DJ: He grew up in London down the street from the McCartneys until age 8. At 14, he got an internship at Rolling Stone. (Jann Wenner's wife was friends with his mom). He started DJing professionally as a senior at Collegiate prep school. He's been labeled a "trust-fund DJ" by the Observer but even Jay-Z concedes that "Nigga is sweet." He bought a $1.8 million apartment in Greenwich Village two years ago and used to be engaged to Rashida Jones, Quincy's daughter. (Now he's dating Gavin Rossdale's long-lost teenage model daughter, Daisy Lowe.) He's also a music producer and has won three Grammys.

Sean Lennon, son of John and Yoko, was his best friend growing up. They used to hang out at kiddie-porn enthusiast Michael Jackson's house when they were kids. Says Mark of the experience:

It's a weird story, but I didn't touch him. We (Ronson and Lennon) used to watch the porn channel because we were, like, 10 and, 'Oh my God, [boobs]!' So Michael was in bed. And me and Sean said, 'Michael, do you want to see something cool?' We turned the dial to the porn channel and there were strippers shaking their [boobs] around. We were like, 'Michael, Michael, how cool is this?' We turned around and he was cringing, saying, 'Ooh, stop it, stop it, ooh, it's so silly.' We were like, 'Michael, you have to look, maybe you're not seeing it right, it's naked girls!' He was not down with the program whatsoever! I think he had really strong feminist views on porn. [Popwrap]