[lbo-talk] Obama defends capital punishment for child rape; Nation apologizes for him

Cassiopeoa DeVine cassiopeoa at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 26 09:15:30 PDT 2008

> [I gotta say I'm surprised by the awfulness of this.
> Obama's moving
> further to the right more quickly than even I would have
> guessed. The
> states rights position is a nice touch.]

I am not surprised, either! After all right now there are the presidential elections going on and it is important to win most of the votes. I would not be surprised either if he took a 'republican' view on abortion (and maybe this might come up. There is a long way to go until November). After all the Democrats and the Republicans are not so far apart as they might want to seem at times...

Cass