[lbo-talk] sprinting rightwards

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jun 28 07:59:29 PDT 2008

On Jun 28, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Can someone explicate the category of "The Well-Informed"?
>
> Is it actually a viable concept?

Oh yeah, you're right. It's not important to know who the Chief Justice is, or what country the U.S. invaded in the Middle East, or whether Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9/11, or that black people are poorer on average than white people, or that George Bush opposes the Kyoto Protocol, or anything like that. It's only elitists who worry about those things.

> Is admiration of Butler merely a literary preference, not entering
> into
> thought and/or practice in any area not specifically covered by
> Butler?
> Surely "well-ifnormed" requires a deconstuctive analysis.

"Ifnormed." I like that one. The rest of the comment is just not very well informed.

Doug