[lbo-talk] Ann Coulter on WFB

Ben Jackson nonplus.plus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 10:04:20 PST 2008

> Buckley replied: "Now listen, you queer. Stop calling me a crypto
> Nazi, or I'll sock you in your goddamn face and you'll stay plastered."

>From when Chomsky was invited on Buckley's television show:

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: I rejoice in your disposition to argue the Vietnam question, especially when I recognize what an act of self-control this must involve.

NOAM CHOMSKY: It does.

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: Sure.

NOAM CHOMSKY: It really does. I mean, I think that it's the kind of issue where—

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: And you're doing very well. You're doing very well.

NOAM CHOMSKY: Sometimes I lose my temper. Maybe not tonight.

WILLIAM F. BUCKLEY, JR.: Maybe not tonight, because as you would, I'd smash you in the goddamn face.

* * *

It makes me wonder how often in his life Buckley pulled that one out. R.I.P. fucker.