[lbo-talk] Obama the devious & slippery opportunist

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 06:10:58 PST 2008

Shag:

i can't figure out *why* max and julio are obama hacks. *shrug*

To be fair, Julio has presented a well constructed case. I disagree with him but have zero difficulty understanding his POV because it's so clearly stated: Obama's campaign has raised expectations and created excitement. These are good things; something progressive will hopefully come of it.

Max, on the other hand, has been a bit cagier. His contributions have gone a little something like this:

LBO Poster:

Here's an article on why Obama's Tasty Milk for Tender Kitties program (TMTK) isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Max:

It's better than Hillary's

Another LBO Poster:

Not really. Both TMTK plans are little more than campaign rhetoric at this point. But even from the little we have to go on, it's easy to see that Obama's plan won't put more tasty milk in the bellies of tender kitties

Max:

Obama's web site has a good outline of his TMTK plan - I'll do a detailed write up about why it's teh awesome at some point.

Yet Another LBO Poster:

Just went to Obama's site - he doesn't say much about TMTK beyond this: "kittens, like all of us, are eager for change...and milk. With my ten point TMTK plan, they'll get both! [Youtube clip of supporters - "Yay!!!"]

Max:

Still better than Hillary's.

And Still Another LBO Poster:

Why?

Max:

Lucretia, my reflection.

LBOTalk as a whole:

???

.d.

-- "I somehow doubt that 20 years of amphetamines and failure have changed you."

Dr. Impossible

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/