[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 12:43:32 PST 2008

Doug:

> What if it requires more labor to produce the Granny

> Smiths than the Galas?

Here you fall behind the level of your own insights, to join the ranks of Wolfgang Fritz Haug and other believers in a pre-monetary value theory.

Economy of labor time is *only possible with money*. This was Marx's critique of Proudhon and other anti-semites, who dreamed of a commodity production without money. The value form analysis in chapter one is a demonstration of the *need* for a general equivalent.

In a communist society, by definition, the requirement of more labor to produce the granny smith apple would be irrelevant. Admittedly, we are very far away from such a social arrangement. And I have no idea how to get there.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping