[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 12:43:38 PST 2008

On Mar 4, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Angelus Novus wrote:

> Seth:
>
>> be taken as an endorsement of central planning?
>
> Yes, but with the major qualification that it would
> have to be a central planning without wage labor or
> the state

Staffed by whom? Volunteers? By randomly chosen citizens, like a jury? Would there be qualifications like technical expertise? Would the plan have coercive power, or just be advisory? For someone like me, who has no fundamental problem with representative democracy over the medium term, putting such a planning authority under the political control of elected officials would be ok. But I'm guessing it's not for you, so I'd like to hear more.

Doug