[lbo-talk] Akiva Orr: Israeli Miloshewitz orders massacre in Gaza Ghetto

Jonathan Nitzan nitzan at yorku.ca
Tue Mar 4 16:27:24 PST 2008

Akiva Orr asked me to circulate the following note:

Israeli Miloshewitz orders massacre in Gaza Ghetto by Akiva ORR, Tel-Aviv 3.3.2008

One man is responsible for the current killing in Gaza Ghetto – Israel's Defence Minister - Ehud BARAK.

Every rocket fired by Gaza Ghetto fighters is a response to an IDF killing in Gaza ordered by Barak. Professor Ze'ev Tzahor, Director of "Sapir" College told "Yediot Aharonot": "One day we approached the IDF Southern Command. We told them we have an important College event and asked them not to attack in Gaza that week. They agreed. [so Hamas fired no rockets. A.O.] We know in the morning if there will be rockets in the afternoon." ("Yediot Aharonot" 29.2.2008 p. 2)

The target of BARAK is P.M. OLMERT. Hitting HAMAS is a means to defeat Olmert who is fighting for his political survival. Olmert has no military experience. Barak exploits this. The political future of Olmert depends on reaching an agreement with Abu-Mazen of the PLO. The US wants this as their Saudi allies are threatened when the Fundamentalist axis of Iran-Hezbollah-Hamas gains prestige with every flare-up of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Olmert's party "Kadimah" is a makeshift body created to give Sharon a majority in the Knesset. Without Sharon it will disappear. Its only chance to survive is by reaching an agreement with the PLO and achieving release of IDF soldier Shalit captured by Hamas. Olmert and Foreign Minster Livni know this. Therefore they strive to reach an agreement with Abu-Mazen. Barak knows this too therefore he undermines their efforts. After the IDF recent killings in Gaza Ghetto all PLO talks with Israel were suspended. No Arab leader can conduct talks with Israel when 74 Gaza Ghetto people are killed by IDF. So Olmert Abu-Mazen talks - and "Anapolis Accord" are suspended. 1-0 to Barak He wants to be the one who talks to the Palestinians. He - not Olmert. He pulls the strings and the HAMAS dances like a puppet. He orders a raid. They respond by firing rockets. Its his initiative, not theirs. That's how Miloshewitz defeated his rivals in Yugoslavia. We know where it lead.

In the 1990s, when Barak was IDF Chief of Staff Israel had talks with Hezbollah to release IDF pilot Ron Arad captured by Hezbollah. Barak was informed that Sheikh Mussawi, leader of Hezbollah is on his way to the town of Jibsheet. He ordered IDF Helicopters to kill him. Some IDF Generals protested that this will seal Ron Arad's fate. Barak overruled them ordering: "Screw Mussawi". They killed Mussawi, his wife, and 4 year old son. They also screwed Arad. Now Barak screws Shalit, and 74 Gaza Ghetto civilians, and Israeli inhabitants of Shderot and Ashkelon.

Barak is not only Israel's Minister of defence, but also Leader of the Labour Party. If he is not dismissed from these posts the killing will get worse.