[lbo-talk] Obama the devious & slippery opportunist

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 5 10:28:53 PST 2008

>I'd much rather listen
> > to a rightwing jackass like Kristol than a centrist jackass like Volf
> > Bleetzer.
>
>I can think of many things I would rather do than listen to either.
>Stare into space. Play solitaire. Read the comics. Sleep.
>
>Carrol

It just occurred to me. You didn't grow up with tv did you Carrol? No Andy Griffith or Twilight Zone reruns when you were a kid--- no vague childhood memories of watching movie of the week with the grown-ups on Saturday or Sunday night or staying up late to watch monster movies on Friday nights--- no Saturday morning cartoons?

I think this would go a long way in explaining why you are baffled by tv's attractions.