[lbo-talk] Magazine/Journal "Guest Editorship" in the 1960s?

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Thu Mar 6 13:03:15 PST 2008

Greetings-

It occurs to me that folks here might be able to help me with this. In 1968, Richard Schechner turned over the editorship of TDR (the former Tulane Drama review) to Ed Bullins for a special issue on Black Theater.

My feeling is that this wasn't an isolated incident, that other magazines or journals had similar arrangements with black nationalist and other groups at that time. Can anyone cite other instances where the editorship of a publication was offered up for "political" reasons?

Thanks!

Charles Turner