[lbo-talk] switch on the telly

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:18:54 PST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Apropos the importance of television election
> coverage, here's something from BLDG BLOG, a site
> Dwayne introduced here. This is a quote from an
> interview with "military sublime" photographer Simon Norfolk:
>

> Norfolk: Well, I cannot fucking believe that I go
> into an art gallery and people want to piss their
> lives away not talking about what's going on in
> the world. Have they not switched on their TV and
> seen what's going on out there? They have nothing
> to say about that? They'd rather look at pictures
> of their girlfriend's bottom, or at their top ten
> favorite arseholes? Switch on the telly and see
> what's going on in our world – particularly these last five years.

Now I know why I am so stupid about everything in the world! I don't own a television and therefore can't switch it on!

It must mean I am not in the world or not a citizen or only care about my favorite bottoms. And notice the heterosexist assumptions in this quote

oh well he is trying to annoy the artsy and fartsy....