[lbo-talk] NPR newspeak

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 05:26:03 PST 2008

Below is a comment I just sent to NPR re. their programming:

"In your story on Afghanistan we are told that a government imposed by a foreign military power and unpopular with the majority of the local population is a "democracy." Elsewhere in your programming, you portray governments of countries like Cuba or Venezuela that enjoy local popular support but are opposed by the US as regimes or autocracies. It seems that NPR’s definition of ‘democracy” is “a government currently endorsed by US authorities.” If this is not Orwellian newspeak, I do no know what is."

I urge everyone on list NOT to support the NPR propaganda machine (in case someone is dumb enough to send them any money.) They should be paid by those whose interests they represent - the USG and the coprorate America, and if not, fuck them.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ