[lbo-talk] gender guesser: that faggot of faulkner

ulisse mangialaio ulisse_mangialaio at yahoo.it
Sat Mar 8 16:51:17 PST 2008

results for the most beautiful passage of english prose i ever read, the letter of charles bon to judith in absalom, absalom and whose incipit reads:

You will notice how I insult neither of us by claiming this to be a voice from the defeated even, let alone from the dead. In fact, if I were a philosopher I should deduce and derive a curious and apt commentary on the times and augur of the future from this letter which you now hold in your hands - a sheet of notepaper with, as you can see, the best of French watermarks dated seventy years ago, salvaged (stolen if you will) from the gutted mansion of a ruined aristocrat; and written upon in the best of stove polish manufactured not twelve months ago in a New England factory.

Genre: Informal

Female = 1649

Male = 2271

Difference = 622; 57.93%