[lbo-talk] gender guesser and judith butler

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:19:17 PDT 2008

I was surprised to see that all of my poetry, except for my overtly love poems, are rated 80% to 95% male.

But my short stories are liminal. They are barely male and sometimes rated as female.

I put in some of my dreams and they turned out to be 65% male, all of them hovering right around that mark.. Of course all of my essays come out Male, hovering around 70%. But not to the extent that all of my poetry is simply off the scale.

I written some of my short stories in female first person and they are the ones that ticked up the verdict: "female", which I suppose is interesting.

But my poetry? Real men write poetry, no doubt! This this is an artifact of the computer.

Jerry