[lbo-talk] on shitholes and spending money without burning a hole in my gut

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 05:34:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:37 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> worked at baco tell ™

You mean Toxic Hell.

> but seriously: every fast food joint i've gone in, the walmarts, the
> kmarts, etc. they are just filthy and disgusting: stuff falling apart, old
> and crumbling, paint scratched, dirty. I was walking through walmart,
> making a beeline for the exit because we didn't find what we wanted, and i
> noticed how freaking filthy everything was. ugh ugh ugh. filthy.

It seems to me like the discount places are made to make cleaning kind of superfluous, like you wouldn't notice if they were dirty. So you have the industrial shelving, the thick latex paint on the poured concrete walls, the unfinished concrete floors, it all looks like Home Despot.

The thing that always hits me at the food courts in these places -- even Target -- are those hot dogs on the rollers, with the little bubbles in the coating of goo. And that snotlike cheese stuff they put on the nachos. Brrr.

BJ's (huh huh uhuhuh) actually had Hebrew National or something like that. Man, I thought I was at Costco. That was the life.

I'm surprised though what you think of Micky D's -- they're always good for a clean bathroom.

And amen on the Walmart clothing. I think some of their name brands have stuff made at a different factory that churns out crappy stuff.

-- Andy