[lbo-talk] Renters priced out of L.A.

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 08:48:06 PDT 2008

That, and more comprehensive public mass transit. In the 80s and 90s folks moved out to places like Lancaster, Victorville, Moreno Valley etc to BUY housing. I suppose one can rationalize 3-4 hour total daily commute if you see yourself as a homeowner. But in the underlying story, the person is renting and still stuck with that massive commute. I imagine the rise in gas prices is really hurting such long distance commuters. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au>