[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Lew wsm_mod at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 15:10:45 PDT 2008

Doug Henwood wrote:

> You don't have to sell me on Marx's wisdom. I've read a lot of what
> Marx wrote about money and finance, more than most people who call
> themselves Marxists I'd guess, and I don't recall seeing a whole lot
> about the shape of a future society beyond suggestive generalities.
> We're not going to solve the problem by reading Marx more closely.
> Your attitude toward Marx is scriptural.

"Suggestive generalities" sounds good to me. And I don't understand why insisting that Marx is widely misunderstood should be deemed "scriptural." But why don't you tell us what you learned from Marx (or not, as the case may be) about money and finance? Or if that is too scriptural for you, briefly what have *you* to say on money and finance?

-- Lew