[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Peter Hart Ward pward at peterhartward.com
Tue Mar 11 21:27:01 PDT 2008

Actually, surgery is a lot more intrinsically rewarding than cleaning hotel rooms (as my dear father, a surgeon, will attest) yet the former pays vastly more.* One could imagine doing surgery for free; one could not image picking someone else's pubic hairs out of a drain for any reason short of the threat of starvation.

I am prepared to admit that being an accountant isn't intrinsically rewarding but tends ot pay better than being a maid...however, the point is moot; without money we'd have no need of accountants anyway.