[lbo-talk] WBAI's quackery is annoying as all gittout

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 12 10:05:29 PDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 11:13 AM, shag wrote:

> My lord. Every time I tune in to WBAI, it's some quack. Now, it's
> something about Queen someone and her personal story of
> transformation,
> creative, artistic processes and for christ sake, it's like some
> hipster
> version of a Helen Steiner Rice card. Oh. Goodie. She's talking about
> connecting to her body at age 7 and an awakening at 17. Christ. Joe
> Noonan
> told me this, too, about all the healing quackery and now the
> spiritual
> healing folderol. How irritating.

And these are all third- and fourth-string quacks compared to the Quackmeister himself, Gary Null:

<http://www.garynull.com>.

Null brought in so much of the station's money that he became a rival power center to management. So they fired him. That's a good bit of the reason the station's in such financial trouble. But being dependent on one person is a bad idea, as is being so dependent on quackery (and conspiracy videos).

Doug