[lbo-talk] The State and Capitalism

Eubulides prince.plumples at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:07:17 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Yeah, and we also went without indoor plumbing and electricity. The
> point is how do you have a complex industrial society without money?
> Maybe it's possible, I don't know. But I'd like someone to explain.

In the future, when the term "late capitalism" might mean something, we'll genetically engineer ourselves into a hybrid of a sea otter and a 6 month old black labrador retreiver puppy and susbist on the landfills and other detritus of our current society. The nanobots of their intestinal tract swill convert the waste into into trees, lilies, roses etc. No need for dental work or money.

Ian