[lbo-talk] Lyrics to Bush's song

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 19:49:27 PDT 2008

[Wow. Talk about flip. Wacky lyrics about breaking the law or withholding documents in secret at the White House, going to war, pardoning criminals -- and using the word "dis," too. -B.]

I spend my days clearing brush

I clear my head of all the fuss

Oh, like the fuss you made over Harriet and Brownie

Down the lane, I look out

Here comes Scooter

Finally free of the prosecutor

It’s good to touch the brown, brown grass of home.

I awake and look around me

At the oval walls that surround me

And I realize I was only dreaming

There’s Condi and Dick, my old compadre

Talking to me about some oil-rich Saudi

But soon, I’ll touch the brown, brown grass of home

Yes you’re all gonna miss me

The way you used to quiz me

But soon I’ll touch the brown, brown grass of home

[inaudible] Dick Cheney strolling with documents he’s been withholding

It’s good to touch the brown, brown grass of home

Yes you’re all gonna miss me

The way you used to diss me

But soon I’ll touch the brown, brown grass of home.