[lbo-talk] Renters priced out of L.A.

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Mar 15 16:00:50 PDT 2008

>> I think there's a tendency to think of NYers as all being like Doug:
>> Manhattanites, skipping around in subways and cabs, not having owned
>> car in years.
>>
>> This says otherwise:
>> http://www.schallerconsult.com/pub/cityinflux.pdf
>
> How is this saying otherwise?

I'm not saying LA isn't the King of the Kar; I'm just saying that there's a LOT of car use in NY, way more than most people think there is. I think a lot of people would be surprised to hear that, for instance, 80% of the miles driven in NYC are by NYC residents; the mythology is that it's all taxis and trucks and folks from Jersey/Long Island.

/jordan