[lbo-talk] Weird statement at The Nation's website

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 14:30:16 PDT 2008

This statement @ today's Nation website simultaneously felt insulting, viscerally wrong -- and following its logic made my head spin:

"As things stand now we may have to spend hundreds of billions to prevent millions of people from being thrown out of their homes and billions more to prop our crooked, avaricious, heedless and duplicitous financial system so it does not come crashing down on all of us."

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080331/howl

I guess it's a pretty sad statement on the class consciousness of American society, and the pathetic state of organized labor, that statements like the above seem absurd but also ring depressingly true.

And while all this is happening, a lot of liberal and Dem blogs are still just posting shit about "Clinton's Super Delegate Problem" (DailyKos) or how Obama's problem with Wright comapres to McCain's problem with Hagee. Who gives a shit about that any more?

-B.