[lbo-talk] Subprime Pritzker pure gold for Obama

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 18 07:35:16 PDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Please
> note: votes and or campaign activities of leftists will have no more
> effect on the outcome than do the wishes of Chicago Cubs fans as
> expressed in 7th-inning cheers. From a left perspective this is
> merely a
> sporting contest, which they cannot affect.

I'm never one to exaggerate the influence of The Left, whatever that is, but you go too far in the other direction. A lot of people who are active in local Dem politics are quite left by American standards. They're anti-war, green, and social democrat. Somewhere between 5-10% of the US pop holds such views. That's not nothing.

Doug