[lbo-talk] Jeremiah Wright or Wrong?

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 19 19:18:38 PDT 2008

Michael Smith wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2008 11:25:29 Julio Huato wrote:
> > I don't see how Obama
>
>> could have played this better than he did.
>>

> That is certainly true. Whatever else one may
> or may not believe about him, he is a very
> remarkable talent.

I made pretty much the same comment earlier today.

"Incidentally while he didn't retract his offensive 90% comment he did as good a job yesterday with dealing with the Wright comments as anyone could. He did mention we still have serious race issues to deal with but he made Wrights anger seem like a relic of another time rather than a good assessment of current conditions."

He handled it well enough I have to reassess my previous concern that this would be a real problem for him. While some will continue to harp on this it's about as well defused as it can be. He's very sharp, there's no doubt about that. Truthfully, based on Clinton's past performance I doubt she would have handled it as well but of course no one can know something like this with any certainty.

John Thornton