[lbo-talk] Jeremiah Wright or Wrong?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Mar 19 19:22:30 PDT 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 22:18:38 John Thornton wrote:

> Truthfully, based on Clinton's past performance I doubt she would have
> handled it as well but of course no one can know something like this
> with any certainty.

Here I disagree. On previous form, we can be quite confident that Hillary would have handled it much, much worse. Shallow, sanctimonious, preachy, platitudinous, evasive, tense, calculated and contrived - she would have been everything that Obama -- for some of the time, at least -- was not, or appeared not to be.