[lbo-talk] Noticed an oddity

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Mar 23 19:18:48 PDT 2008

On Mar 23, 2008, at 9:28 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> In fact, the friends I mentioned in my previous post, when pressed
> about their responsibilities closer to home, chalked up the ongoing
> occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan to Bush and co. Which is
> undeniable. They went on however, to declare that none of that had
> anything to do with them ("I marched against the war!" one global
> paladin shouted). So, they're free to lecture Chinese "netizens" and
> raise a ruckus about another government's actions. It's one of their
> duties as "citizens of the world."
>
> Sure, I say. Sure, why not. You're good people.
>
> But like many other traveling salesmen, you eager 'Citizens of The
> World have a knack for stepping over messes at home as you hit the
> road.

Odd. I and everyone else here welcomed the millions upon millions all over the world who took to the streets to protest Bush's War. And in not a single country were they not "stepping over messes at home" as they did so. And for some odd reason absolutely nobody here lectured them about how for that reason they shouldn't "raise a ruckus about another government's actions."

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos