[lbo-talk] Revolutionary preferences & pathways (was "pointing finger of the neighbourhood")

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 06:50:53 PDT 2008

Yes on both counts. My only point is that one can coherently understand "better" without reference to one's own parochial views of what is "better". One can, of course, prefer to mean "better" in some strong moral sense. I'm more worried about adaptive preferences, though - that the criterion I've specified would make count as "better" a society which satisfies people's few felt needs, as opposed to a society that satisfies more felt needs, but generates far more. MM